Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Chapter 6


Chapter 6 starts out with everyone running at full speed and those who stopped would be killed. "I was putting one foot in front of the other, like a machine. I was dragging this emaciated body that was still such a weight. If only I could have shed it! Though I tried to put it out of my mind, I couldn't help thinking that there were two of us: my body and I . And I hated that body." (Wiesel 85) Through the darkness and blizzard they continued to run. A boy who was running for a while decided that he couldnt go any farther stopped and was trampled to death. Everyone keeps each other awake. They then came upon a deserted village and Eliezer and his father found a deserted shed to hide in. They then are startled at the sight of the rabbi coming in and looking for his son. Finally, the exhausted prisoners arrived at the Gleiwitz camp. Many people were crushed trying to get into the barracks. There was another selection there and his father was on the side condemned to death but he was able to sneak to the other side and escape death one more time. Then all of the prisoners were hearded onto a train with roofless cattle cars. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice post Cory. Easy to understand and not too confusing. Short and to the point. Great job!

    ReplyDelete